Well hello there!
Welcome to my blog, as you may already know (or not, lol) I’m Mimie Jay, Mimie for short. And in this post, I’ll be answering 20 ‘get to know me’ tag questions.
Today’s post is gonna be all about me. yes! me, myself and I. Calm downnnn, I’m not being selfish, I’m just trying to make our relationship better by telling you all (or almost all) you should know about me asides what I already wrote about me. Am I wasting time already? Alright, alright let’s get started.
1. Are you named after someone?
- First, you need to know that my real name is Omowunmi (-“Mi” = Mimie). I don’t think I was named after anyone. However, my mother gave me the name out of her desperation to have a female child. Omowunmi is a Yoruba name and it means ‘I desire a child’… I guess.
2. Age/height/eye color
- I’m 23 years old, born on January 15, 1996. I have brown eyes, it makes me take ‘vain’ pictures especially when it glows in ‘golden hour’ moments. I believe I’m 5ft5, I wish I was taller, really really wish I was but it’s okay that I’m not too.
- I’m the second of four children. I have three brothers, I love them too much! Btw, I’m taking applications for a sister, preferably elder. lol.
- Hahaha, I’m in a relationship (with an amazing guy!)
5. When was the last time you cried?
- I don’t cry, I’m a big girl. *wink*… Jk! I cried on 18/04/19, my laptop went bad again after repairing so many times.
6. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
- Fingers, feet (if exposed) and eye colour! I’m just gonna stop there. Asides appearance, a person’s confidence and mannerism are what I notice first.
7. What’s your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
- I’d say insensitivity and taking people for granted.
8. If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- COFFEE! definitely coffee.
9. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- SPAGHETTI. Durrrr. lol
10. When were you last embarrassed? what happened?
- To be honest, I really can’t pinpoint when. sure, I’ve been embarrassed before but I try as much as possible to move past the incidence once it happens.
10. What are your hobbies?
- Wow. I’ve struggled for so long trying to figure out what my hobbies are. I finally have something to say; I love doing makeup, I love doing research about makeup/makeup products and skin care, watching informative videos and the very obvious one -blogging. I also love videography and photography!
11. What Your Favourite Beauty Product Or Tool?
- Lipgloss! can’t do without them. And I love my makeup brushes!
12. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yours?
- Yes, I would. I’m a very sweet person you know. *winks*
13. Favourite colour?
- I have more than one. Purple, blue, black and White. In that order.
14. Favourite perfume(s)
- My favourite perfumes are the ones I use at the moment; Twilly d’Hermes, Mon Guerlain, La Vie est Belle and Carolina Herrera Good Girl. I LOVE perfumes.
15. Scary movie or happy endings?
- Anyone works for me, as long as it’s interesting.
16. Do you speak other languages?
- Unfortunately, I don’t speak any other language asides English and Yoruba. Tried to learn French and Igbo at different times but I never got far.
17. Did you like school (university)?
- It wasn’t without many “why did I choose this school” uninteresting experiences but yes I liked school especially experiences outside the lecture room.
18. What quote/phrase do you live by?
- Live, Laugh, Love.
19. What kind of style would you define yourself as having?
- I don’t think I have a particular style although some of my friends would argue this. I really just dress up depending on my mood but most of the time I just want to wear something simple, beautiful and comfortable.
20. What was the last thing you bought?
- A very beautiful shoe from an online store on Instagram
21. Tell us one of your bad habits!
- I honestly do not know anymore! It used to be recurrent mood swings but that has reduced drastically over time. But now that I think about it, I should ask people what bad habits they think I have. If I get interesting replies I’ll definitely share on here and work on them too.
22. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
- Well, since it’s 3:30 pm on a Sunday at the time that I am writing this post…On my to-do list, I still have a couple of blog posts to write, two videos to edit, pictures to upload after which I’ll see a movie or two (if I have the chance). Oh! I have to watch the final episode of Game of Thrones too!!! I’m so excited!
That’s it! I hope you know a little bit more about me now. I really did have more fun than I thought while doing this. Thanks for reading and let me know if you enjoyed this and want me to do another fun tag.